Course Selection Information for Students entering Year 10
The overall programme for Year 10 students is similar to that of Year 9, with students studying:
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
- A language studied in Year 9 (German, Chinese, Te Reo Māori, Spanish and ESOL)
- THREE other option subjects, which are studied for the whole year.
Students should choose these three option subjects with the following considerations in mind.
- An option subject they have enjoyed in Year 9.
- An option subject that may help with future career aspirations.
- At Year 10, students should select to study as options those subjects in which they plan to seek qualifications at Years 11, 12 and 13.
Read the subject information pages and ask questions if you are unsure of anything. The best people to ask are the Deans, the Careers Advisor, the Guidance Counsellors, your Subject Teachers and your Form Teacher.
It is important to put in the time and effort now to choose your subjects wisely as class allocations are made according to your choices.
It is important you complete your option selection by the due date to enable you to have your preferred course of study.